|Currently there are no public meetings scheduled for this project.|
|There are no previous public meetings for this project.|
|Project Contact:||Dave Degerness|
|District:||4 - Clint L. Hickman|
White Tanks FRS No. 4 is an earth-fill dam designed to impound stormwater runoff from the White Tank Mountains up to the 500-year flood level and release it through one 42 inch pipe or over one concrete emergency spillway located at the west end of the dam. The structure is 1.6 miles in length, has a height of 30 feet and a storage capacity of 1,453 acre-feet at the crest of the emergency spillway. The U.S. Soil Conservation Service, now the Natural Resources Conservation Service (NRCS), was the federal sponsor. The Maricopa County Municipal Water Conservation District 1 and the U.S. Soil Conservation Service were cost share partners on this project.Operation and Maintenance: Flood Control District
Authorization: Pilot Watersheds Program (1953)
Federal Sponsor: U.S. Soil Conservation Service (NRCS)
The project was initially completed in 1954. The rehabilitation of White Tanks FRS No. 4 was completed in June 2017.