Project Name: Echo Canyon Wash Floodplain Delineation Study
Project is in Supervisor District:
- District 1: False
- District 2: False
- District 3: True
- District 4: False
- District 5: False
You can find your Supervisor District by clicking here.
Project Type: Study
The District is re-evaluating the floodplain along two miles of Echo Canyon Wash located within the Town of Paradise Valley and the City of Phoenix.
The Echo Canyon Wash Floodplain Delineation Study builds on the technical information developed during the previous phases of Cudia City Wash Area Drainage Master Study and Design Concept Report. Results of the study are now ready for public comment and submittal to FEMA.
The 10/22/2022 Presentation can be viewed here.
ADMS Phase - The Cudia City Wash Area Drainage Master Study is a restudy of the 1994 ACDC ADMS Phase I covering the watershed area between Cudia City Wash and 10th St. Wash. The study area is approximately 13 square miles located primarily within the Town of Paradise Valley, City of Phoenix and a small portion of unincorporated Maricopa County.
DCR Phase - The District prepared a Design Concept Report (DCR) for Cudia City (Echo Canyon) Wash zone 4 as identified in the Cudia City Wash ADMS. The DCR area covers approximately four-square miles located within Paradise Valley and City of Phoenix. The area is mainly residential with some commercial corridors along major roadways. The District completed the following tasks in this phase:
- Evaluate FEMA floodplains within this watershed for potential redelineation
- Further technical analysis of the proposed alternatives from ADMS phase
- Develop 15% plans associated with cost estimates and reports to mitigate the flood hazards reducing flood risks
Last Updated: 11/4/2022 10:03:00 AM
Public Presentation & Comment Period 10/22 - 11/4
Posted On: 10/21/2022 11:34:49 AM
A public presentation was held 10/20/2022.
The public can view this meeting online and submit comments until 11/4/2022.
Cudia City Wash Design Concept Report (DCR).
Posted On: 4/22/2021 3:13:20 PM
• The team completed the Advance evaluation of Phase 1 Alternatives. Started the Advance evaluation of Phase 2 Alternatives.
• The consultant developed FLO-2D model with Phase 2 Alternatives to evaluate benefits.
• The team is working on preparation for the first public meeting. It will be held on April 26th.
• The team will continue working on the floodplain delineation task.
Meeting Title: Virtual Public Meeting
There are proposed changes to the current flood maps in your area. They will be submitted to FEMA for review in November 2022. These changes may change your flood insurance requirements if you have an existing home or change the applicable development regulations on undeveloped properties. Comment
Meeting Location: Virtual
Meeting Title: Virtual Public MeetingMeeting Description:There are proposed changes to the current f
Meeting Is Webinar: 1
Special Instructions to Connect:
Does this meeting have a pre-recorded video? 1
The survey will be available until 10/21/2022 12:00:00 AM